can we file a case against media persons who are asking for bribe?

Answer By law4u team

Yes, it is possible to file a case against media persons who are asking for bribe. If a media person is asking for bribe, it is a criminal offense under Indian law and can be punished under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988. To file a case against such media persons, you can first file a complaint with the police. You will need to provide evidence of the bribe demand, such as audio or video recordings, or witnesses who can testify to the bribe demand. The police will investigate the matter and, if they find sufficient evidence, they will file a First Information Report (FIR) and begin the criminal proceedings against the accused media person. The case will then proceed to the court, where the accused media person will be given an opportunity to defend themselves. It is important to note that filing a false case against someone is also a criminal offense under Indian law, so you should make sure that you have sufficient evidence to support your claim before filing a case against anyone.

Media and Entertainment Related Questions

Discover clear and detailed answers to common questions about Media and Entertainment. Learn about procedures and more in straightforward language.

Law4u App Download