my mother has passed way. My father has second marriage.Now he is reluctant to live me share of his self acquired property.can i do anything?

Answer By law4u team

the legal rights of children to inherit from their parents are governed by the Hindu Succession Act, 1956. According to the act, children have a right to inherit from their parents' self-acquired property, as well as ancestral property. However, if your father has remarried and has other children, they may also have a right to inherit from him. In such cases, the property will be divided among all legal heirs according to the laws of succession. If you believe that you have a legal right to inherit from your father's self-acquired property, you may want to consult with a lawyer who specializes in property law. They can advise you on your legal rights and options for pursuing your inheritance. It may also be helpful to gather any relevant documentation, such as your father's will or proof of your relationship to him.

Property Related Questions

Discover clear and detailed answers to common questions about Property. Learn about procedures and more in straightforward language.

Law4u App Download