if someone had done ragistered marriage before 3 month and now she want divorce from husband what is remedy for tha

Answer By law4u team

If someone wants to seek a divorce from their husband in India, they can explore the following legal remedies: 1. Mutual Consent Divorce: If both parties mutually agree to the divorce, they can file a joint petition for divorce under Section 13-B of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. This requires both parties to have lived separately for a period of at least one year before filing the petition. 2. Contested Divorce: If the husband does not agree to the divorce, the wife can file a contested divorce petition under various grounds mentioned in the Hindu Marriage Act, such as cruelty, desertion, adultery, or mental illness. The wife will need to provide evidence to support her claims. 3. Legal Consultation: It is advisable for the wife to consult with a lawyer who specializes in family law to understand her specific rights and legal options. The lawyer will guide her through the divorce process, help gather evidence, and represent her interests in court. 4. Mediation or Counseling: In certain cases, the court may suggest mediation or counseling to resolve the issues between the parties amicably. The wife can consider participating in these alternative dispute resolution methods to explore the possibility of reconciliation or reaching a settlement. 5. Maintenance and Child Custody: If the wife is financially dependent on her husband, she can also seek interim maintenance and child custody arrangements during the divorce proceedings. It's important to note that divorce laws and procedures may vary depending on personal laws applicable to the parties involved, such as Hindu, Muslim, Christian, etc. Therefore, it is recommended to consult with a legal professional who can provide specific guidance based on the personal circumstances of the case.

Family Related Questions

Discover clear and detailed answers to common questions about Family. Learn about procedures and more in straightforward language.

Law4u App Download